Do you need to straighten your teeth using Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great and efficient way to straighten your teeth. They're clear so no one will know you're wearing them and they're comfortable to wear! Your dentist in Petoskey, MI, offers this procedure.
More About Invisalign
Invisalign treatment consists of clear plastic aligner trays worn by patients. The custom-made aligners are made using 3-D computer imaging technology. The plastic aligners are also transparent and shift the teeth into place by applying pressure on each of them until they are straight or in the desired position.
Each set of trays needs to be worn for at least 22 hours a day. You can remove them to brush and floss your teeth, to eat or drink, or to attend a special event, but just remember that the longer they are not worn, the longer the treatment will be delayed.
During Invisalign treatment, you will need to see your Petoskey doctor once every six weeks. He will want to make sure that your teeth are being straightened according to the plan and will assess if any changes need to be made according to your progress.
- Improved Oral Hygiene — Appliance is easily removed and cleaned.
- A Discreet Look — No one has to know you have braces.
- More Dietary Choices — You're not limited in what to eat like regular braces.
- Comfort — They're made of thin, flexible material which are more comfortable for your teeth.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — Invisalign can be used as a nightguard and is a great way to protect your teeth if you have a teeth-grinding, or clenching habit.
Invisalign is a great option for older teenagers and young adults. Your Petoskey, MI, dentist has the information you need about the procedure. If you want to know more, just call the office at: (231) 347-2511.