Need a smile makeover? Porcelain veneers can give you the star-worthy smile you deserve. Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front of your teeth to improve your smile. Veneers can be made either of composite resin (plastic and glass) or porcelain (ceramic). Dr. Mark Makela in Petoskey, MI, offers full-service, state-of-the-art dental care to the patients he serves. Read on to find out how veneers can improve your smile.
1. Fix your smile flaws: Dental veneers have become extremely popular due to their versatility. Dental veneers are often included as part of a comprehensive smile makeover plan for a complete transformation. These ultra-thin shells can treat multiple cosmetic issues at the same time. If you have discolored, misaligned, chipped, or cracked teeth, veneers can help bring back your smile and confidence.
2. Get a natural look: Dental veneers will give you a healthy, natural look that enhances your smile. Like tooth enamel, veneers are translucent, allowing light to penetrate and reflect off the inner layers of the teeth, creating a lustrous appearance. Other materials, such as the resin used in dental bonding, are opaque and don't offer the same lifelike results as dental veneers.
3. Strengthen your teeth: With dental veneers, you can have a smile that's both strong and beautiful. Dental veneers can strengthen damaged or worn-down teeth and protect them from further damage. This is possible due to the durable material that composes veneers as they cover your teeth. Dental veneers provide strength comparable to enamel and are extremely resistant to wear.
4. Whiten your smile: Nothing is more attractive than a white smile. Dental veneers can give you white teeth instantly. These shells are placed over your teeth changing their color. Dental veneers are made of stain-resistant porcelain. Dark beverages and foods don't stain dental veneers as they do natural teeth because unlike enamel, composite resin and ceramic are not porous.
5. See results quickly: Veneer placement is a simple and fast procedure that only requires two dental visits. At your first visit, our dentist prepares your teeth and takes impressions to fabricate your new veneers. At your next visit, your dentist will place the veneers and ensure you are satisfied with the results. After the procedure, you will see an immediate improvement in the appearance of your smile.
Take the first step towards a brand new smile today. Don't delay. Call Dr. Mark Makela at 231-347-2511 today to schedule a veneers consultation in Petoskey, MI.